Register
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am

Belite factory fire

View active topics

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:39 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

Good morning,

Last night, around 11:45 pm, we received a call from the emergency services and were informed that there was a fire in our building. Arriving a few minutes later, the scene was filled with fire trucks and ambulances, as well as crowds of firefighters and water hoses.

It looks like the fire started in our CNC dust collection system. Heavy smoke filled the building and my office and most of the contents of our building were destroyed. The back of the building (in the production area), anything above 6 feet from the ground, was melting or burning. Most of our raw inventory and all of our old collections of parts for old aircraft designs (e.g. procub and ultracub) were upstairs.

It appears that almost all of the raw inventory and most if not all of the unfinished work on the aircraft kits have been destroyed. The team had just shipped 4 airframe kits and was preparing to ship another batch this month along with many previously ordered parts for customers. I was working hard on a contract with the Air Force, and my IP address along with my only working sample were found in the wreckage of my office.

We have been working very hard this year. I just checked our sales for the year earlier in the day and they were at the record company level. We have shown a good annual income level to date.

Unfortunately, unfortunately, our office cats, Lucky and Daphne, did not survive.

We don't know what will happen next. While I was writing this, Katie was on the phone with an insurance agent.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:44 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

I'm sorry for those who suffered, but most of all I'm sorry for the death of cats.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:53 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

Do you know what the worst part is? When there are victims of fires. I was upset about the news that cats died in a fire. Couldn't anyone have taken them out along with the valuable equipment? I'm sure that people were taking their things when they felt the smoke. They probably collected their documents, bags, backpacks and didn't even think about the life of animals. Anyway, I hope that it turned out to recover quickly. Most often, the insurance company knows about the possibility of a fire. I'm sure that the insurance covers the damage. I read on firerecruitmentaustralia.com.au that insurance companies protect fires and explosions in the first place. And this is correct.