Register
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:29 am

Seaside Chats is back with another episode and this time

View active topics

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

I’m joined by our own Mookie Alexander. If you don’t already know Jarran Reed Color Rush Jersey , Mookie is also a managing editor at SB Nation’s wildly popular MMA blog Bloody Elbow and you can follow him on Twitter for stuff on both the Seahawks and fighting. But today, we’re focus on the Seattle Seahawks and the NFL playoffs.We discuss how Mookie’s Enemy Reaction series got started, preview the Seahawks and Cardinals Week 17 matchup, look ahead to either the Dallas Cowboys or Chicago Bears in the wild card round, and breakdown the NFC and AFC playoff picture. The show is available at Patreon to supporters at the $2/month level. I’ve regularly been able to put out 8-10 podcasts per month including weekly previews with guests like Mina Kimes, Danny Kelly, and Danny O’neil and instant reaction recaps right after each game with John Morgan.EPISODE AVAILABLE HEREThis week I’ll also give away a Footbottle to a random Patreon supporter. Yes Nick Vannett Color Rush Jersey , a Footbottle is exactly what it sounds like: A bottle inside of a football. I have one and I literally do use it all the time. Email your pick for Super Bowl champion to SBNFieldGulls@Gmail.com and I’ll choose a winner at random next week. You can choose anyone or anything to be the Super Bowl winner, I just need that email. That wasn’t really the ideal set of winners from this past weekend’s AFC and NFC Conference Championship games, was it? The two outcomes almost made me give Enemy Reaction a skip this weekend, but I said I was going to do one for each playoff round after the Seattle Seahawks were eliminated, and occasionally I’m a man of my word. We’re going to do things a bit differently this time around. As awesome as both games were (and as undesirable as both results turned out to be), I’m truncating this to focus primarily on the referees and the controversial calls and non-calls (and one correct call!) made in the fourth quarters of Rams-Saints and Patriots-Chiefs. And of course we’ll cap it off with reaction to the winning points, and bonus reactions from divisional rivals for the winning and losing sides. Let’s go!Los Angeles Rams 26 New Orleans Saints 23 (Overtime) Nope Justin Britt Color Rush Jersey , this is totally not pass interference (20-17 NO)Ted Ginn puts the Saints in tremendous position to win the game with 43-yard catch (20-20)Nickell Robey-Coleman with a clean, totally legal hit that definitely isn’t pass interference (20-20)Bonus Reaction (in order) from....Carolina PanthersAtlanta FalconsTampa Bay BuccaneersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksNew England PatriotsGreg Zuerlein sends the Rams to the Super Bowl (26-23 LAR Final)Bonus Reaction (in order) from....PanthersFalconsBuccaneers49ersSeahawksPatriotsRIP Saints fan’s TVNew England Patriots 37 Kansas City Chiefs 31 (Overtime) - AFC Championship Game Julian Edelman muffs punt, Chiefs recover (17-14 KC)...But the call is reversed (17-14 KC)Ball Don’t Lie! (17-14 KC)Personal foul, roughing the Brady (21-17 KC)INTERCEPTION! Chiefs are going to the Super Bo——-DAMMIT, DEE FORD! (28-24 KC)Patriots win it in overtime on Rex Burkhead touchdown (37-31 NE Final)Bonus Reactions (in order) from...Los Angeles ChargersDenver BroncosOakland RaidersMiami DolphinsNew York JetsBuffalo BillsChiefs fans react to a heartbreaking lossAnd now there’s only one game to go. February 3rd, 2002 started the Patriots dynasty when they beat the high-flying St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl 36. Will the dynasty end on February 3rd, 2019 against the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl 53? Or will they make it six Super Bowls Nazair Jones Color Rush Jersey , surpassing the San Francisco 49ers and equaling the Pittsburgh Steelers? Whatever the case, Enemy Reaction will be there, and I hope I’m chronicling the whole game and not some gross incompetence from officials.Thanks for reading and go ‘Hawks!