Register
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am

The best hotel booking website

View active topics

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:29 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 
As far as I love hostels and other forms of inexpensive accommodation, there's something nice about the luxuriousness of a hotel: the living area, comfy bed, dining table, iron, strong shower, and also bottled soap to the carrying (errr...I mean borrowing). They are quiet, relaxing, and a respite from the whole world.
A couple of years back, I was traveling to conferences as well as other work-related events alot and residing within a lot of hotels. I decided to see if I can find the hotel booking site online. I chose a couple cities and searched six reservation internet sites -- Expedia, Mytravelnavi.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, and TravelPony -- at 2-, 3-, and 4star categories.
So I chose to do another search to try to come across the best site to book a hotel in 2018. Now I searched Expedia, Mytravelnavi.com, Booking.com, Agoda, also Priceline for prices in London, New York, Paris, Bangkok, Buenos Aires, along with Berlin. I searched on July 3rd for distance after that week and then one month later throughout the weekday and weekend (availability and prices vary within the weekend).
The Best Hotel Booking Website
This period the ideal hotel booking website was Booking.com. Though it did not yield the greatest number of entire places, Booking.com returned the greatest number of cheap places -- which is the most significant things. I discovered largest number and that the best deals in the destinations I hunted for about Booking. For instance, in my own September search in Paris, it recorded over 2,300 results, including 250 two celebrity listings and 750 star listings (plus it said that the area was over 60% reserved when I hunted ). Agoda still had the most effective results in Asia (it returned 2,900 contributes to Bangkok compared to 2,500 for Booking) but'd definitely expanded their listings across the globe -- it roughly tied Booking from Paris, Buenos Aires, also Sydney for entire listings, though they had fewer budget listings than Booking.
The 2nd best hotel booking web site was Agoda, which had lots of results, though it's strong suit remains in Asia.
And all those other major hotel booking web sites? Well, Orbitz and Travelocity are a portion of Expedia and make use of the database, also while they switched back a numbers of results, they tilted to the end of the price spectrum. And websites such as Priceline and Hotwire have elite blind booking and bidding options which can get you an extremely affordable hotel (from the celebrity category and area you need ). Sometimes prices are upto 40% off. The disadvantage? That you never get to know the name of the hotel you are staying in until after you've paid.
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 25, 2019 11:29 pm.