Register
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 am

Unicycling and impact on knees

View active topics

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:30 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

Hi all, I’ve been unicycling for about 18months, really enjoying it but recently after some intense sessions on newer larger wheels i’ve upgraded to I’ve found one of my knee’s is starting to develop issues (think its ligaments as load bearing is ok)
I do a combination of road and offroad trails but more often its trails. When i hit an obstacle i often fall off forwards landing hard on my feet because a piece of terrain catches me off guard.
I’m trying to give myself a break between riding as I’m worried I may be damaging my knees in the long term.
Does anyone else have any concerns about uncycling and their knee joints?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:34 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

You should take into account several points in a bike ride. First of all, you need to calculate your strength. The path in one direction may seem easy, but when reaching a certain point, the cyclist suddenly realizes that there is not enough strength for the return trip. Therefore, it is important to consider the route and its length. And if it was hard for you, stick to smaller mileage figures for now. It helps to get more strength for training and supplements like Ibutamoren for sale. Using such supplements will strengthen your muscles and help you overcome long distances more easily.