Register
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Travel by Ferry

View active topics

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:14 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

I was expecting BoJo would not require any testing for those with 2 X NHS jabs post "Freedom Day". Silly me eek​​​​​​​

I have booked to catch ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden and travel to Spain with overnight in France & Andorra.

Can anyone confirm what, if any, testing / isolation requirements are for overnightstop in France / Andorra?

It seems I shall require a PCR or rapid test(?) not more than 24 hours before boarding and book 2 X PCR tests in UK. >:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:08 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

It is not about the method of transportation. It’s about where you are coming from and what are your destination country’s restrictions. In some cases, you can argue that you are transiting only, and you should be allowed to do so. I recommend double-checking before departing the information, whether on official governmental websites or information desks at train stations/ airports. I recently had to travel from Germany to France and got all the necessary information at db auskunft. The good thing about it is that you are sure the information is reliable as you are getting it from the same people that will be checking your documentation.